Chapter 15: Swallows of Kabul
Musarrat successfully switched places with Zunaira. Atiq hides Zunaira under his desk and when she is discovered by Qassim Atiq tells him that she is his wife. They go to the stadium and witness Musarrat's death. When everyone goes to leave, Atiq and Zunaira get separated. Atiq eventually goes home nad has a dream about Zunaira coming home but her veil is removed it is Musarrat's face with half of it blown off by a gun shot wound. He then goes completely crazy looking for her in the streets tearing off every woman's veil. Their men get angry and beat him until, i assume, Atiq dies. What a happy ending, everyone dies; except for Zunaira, but we don't really know what happended to her.

1 Comments:
90% of this post is a book report play-by-play, which I don't want. I don't want a chapter recap from you. I already read the book and know what happens! The last 2-3 sentences is what I'm after.
Questioning: When a word, statement or action is unclear, question it. It may become clear later.
Connecting: Make connections with people, places and things you know.
Predicting: Try to figure out what will happen.
Clarifying: Watch for answers to questions you had earlier
Evaluating: Respond to what you have read. Draw your own conclusions about the characters, actions, and the whole story.
Your blog was rushed and I think that the pattern of you trying to get things posted on the last night may have hurt your score.
While there are flashes of literary connections and observations that I'm after, there are still some big problems (overall) that I'm having with the blog.
I think you read the book, but you didn't allow yourself enough time to reflect which was the original intent of the assignment.
Mr. Farrell
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home