Chapter 11: Swallows of Kabul
Zunaira is going to jail for killing Mohsen. It was a complete accident, but she should have calmly talked about the whole situation with Mohsen instead of getting aggressive. And Mohsen deffineately should not of hit her.
Atiq is officially crazy. He doesn't remembera horrific death that happened just two years ago. He's also oblivious to his surroundings. He doesn't know what he's doing, he's just going through the motions. But he is told that the prisoner (Zunaira) is going to be there longer because they went to keep her for a mass execution. It seems like these people find death amuzing; it's sick. I wander if Atiq will help Mohsen escape. I also wander if he will run away like Nazeesh.

1 Comments:
Just so you know, there is a spell check feature online for when you leave these posts.
Did Zunaira over-react in punishing Mohsen? Yes, I think she got a bit carried away. Then again Mohsen is driven to the point of violence by hitting her, so they are both at fault. Yes the death is an accident, but the Taliban police are NEVER going to care or see it as such.
The author does continue to make Atiq slip into insanity. I don't know if I think this is plausible, but we see more of this towards the end of the story. I think its a little over the top myself.
You wrote:
"It seems like these people find death amuzing; it's sick. I wander if Atiq will help Mohsen escape. I also wander if he will run away like Nazeesh."
Now this is a lot better!!! Now you are getting the hang of it. Predicting, making cultural observations. Posts could be longer, but at least we're getting somewhere in this post.
Mr. Farrell
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home